Thursday, February 24, 2011

S the Sandwhich Maker

Never before did I consider myself a sandwich lover, but I am starting to grow fond of the all American lunchtime food item.  How can I not like sandwiches you might ask?  Let me explain.
First, I have never been much of a bread lover.  I don’t understand people who love biscuits and rolls to the point where that’s all they would rather eat.  Second, I guess you can say in kindergarten I had a few traumatizing sandwich moments that I will never forget (although now my family laughs at the story now)  And those bad sandwich moments continued well into HS.  Have you even had a tuna sandwich leak out of your lunch box and dribble down the hall?  Or spill into your backpack soaking your folders?  BAD TIMES!  Granted I am very grateful to my parents for making my lunches for many years, I just wish it had dawned on them sooner than later to keep the tuna and bread separate till lunchtime.  J  Hint to parents out there.  Anyways, these are the ingredients for my new creation.

But alas, here I am all grown up and making lunches for myself.  And now I am realizing just how fun, and yummy a sandwich can be.  I have even realized that a loaf of bread is not needed.  Nope, here’s what I use, Bagels and wraps.  MMM MMM Goood!  Now I must give credit where credit is due. My sister is the one who opened my eyes, and mind to making a sandwich with a bagel.  And boy is it now my new favorite way to have a bagel. 
Here’s the most recent bagel sandwich I made. And the base is usually the same.  Just like eating a regular plain bagel at breakfast, I toast it and put on some cream cheese, just a little on one side, more on the other. If you aren’t watching your weight or anything, you can have one side cream cheese and one side with mayonnaise.  Then top with your favorite fixings. 

 If you want to upscale it, then add some red onion to the turkey.  Instead of lettuce, add a little fresh spinach leaves.  And the best part ever, BACON!  MY sister would be happy. J  Adding a dash of hot sauce will but the finishing touch on this perfect sandwich.

BACON IS OPTIONAL!











So lets review,
Toasted bagel
Cream cheese
Slices of red onion
Turkey
And lettuce or spinach

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Bacon makes everything better. :o) I will definitely be trying the "Skyler sandwich" soon. Even though I am one of those "please pass the bread and keep it coming" kind of people, I'm really trying to limit my bread intake. So I've been eating Thomas' bagel thins. They look like a whole bagel but thinner, so less bready fluff. I bet this sandwich would taste yummy on those, too. You might like it, too, since you don't like bread too much. What did bread ever do to you? Oh yeah, the tuna sandwich incident. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BACON AND BAGEL obviously this must be amazing...

    ReplyDelete